It's Time for Ice Cream!

Hey everyone! Before I tell you about this week's project, I want to announce that I'm giving away some blog candy - a $20 Amazon gift card. Just become a follower by clicking one of the choices on the right - Facebook, email, Feedburner, Bloglovin or Google+. Go to my Blog Candy Page and tell me you did. Then on June 1, I'll announce the winner on the blog and on Facebook. 

Today I'm sharing a card with you that is what I call a flap style. That's because instead of the standard square shape, the "flap" or front of the card has been cut to have a scalloped shape and the inside of the card peeps out from the negative space that the card front creates by being partially cut away.

This was a fun project. The base card is formed by combining a scalloped shape and a rectangle together. I found the scallop shape in Cricut Design space, I sized it to 4.25 x 5.5 and created a rectangle with the same dimension. Then I flipped the scallop so the straight edge of it butted against the rectangle (where the top folds over the back of the card) and welded the shapes together to form a single one. A quick fold at the join creates the final base card. A card stock accent scallop was cut out of a pretty glittered card stock of pink and and brown. This is one of my favorite color combinations. My grandma had a blouse she loved in these colors and I always think of her when I see it.

I cut a lacy scalloped circle out of white stock and a circle out of the matching accent card stock to go in the middle. Then I cut an ice cream cone shape and accented it with pink and chocolate glitter glue. I even embossed the cone to be a little more like real cones! Unfortunately you can't see that in this picture but trust me, it looks cool in real life. All the pieces were glued together and placed on the card stock. The final piece is a great example of creating your own embellishment out of parts you might not necessary think go together right away but the end result is very pleasing.

The accent in the left corner is a mauve bow made of ribbon with a brown flower and a pink faceted crystal flower on the top. I thought the white edges on the card were too bare so I added some pink chalk to the edges.


Voila! A yummy spring card to say thank you, hi or just because. Thanks for joining me today and I'll be back again next Saturday!

I am pleased to enter my card into the following challenges this week. Click on the links to go to the challenge sites and see all the beautiful projects that have been entered in each one.

No comments