Lucky Irish Window Card - Bitten By The Bug2 Blog Post

Hello everyone! Well St. Patty's Day is this coming Sunday and I've got a cute card to give to your sweetie to remind them how lucky you are to have them in your life- (or maybe he/she is the lucky one! ;)  

This is a fun card pattern from MyScrapChick. It's called a Gold Coin card (click here for link). I altered it a bit by making it larger - a full 5 inches square. The pattern includes the print and cut shamrock wreath and a printed sentiment that says Lucky. I decided to use the blank sentiment included and used a different font for the Lucky Phrase. I also decided to use a St. Patrick's Day embellishment sticker set by K&Company. The hat, pot of gold and the gems on the card are from this pack. I used the included shamrock from the pattern on the envelope and put the horseshoe from the sticker pack on top of it. This made a super cute card! 

Here's the card and the chunky envelope I made for it showing the liner.
I cut the envelope from a MyScrapChick pattern as well. It's called Chunky Square Envie (click here for link) and it includes a liner pattern as well. I sized this to fit my 5" card too.

I'll show you how I sized and cut all the pieces for this card and envelope on my video tutorial. You can find it by clicking on the thumbnail below. If it gives you any trouble, you can use this direct link instead (click here for video).
Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon and keep crafting!

Hugs,
Janet


6 comments

  1. Beautiful St Paddy's Day card! The gold accents really make your card pop. The paper is perfect also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline! This is a fun holiday to work on. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! so many elements come together in such a great way, love this card!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mix of embellishments - you can call this one uniquely yours! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! luckycatslot

    ReplyDelete