Hello crafty frieds! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend some time with at least some of the people that you care the most about. 

We're experiencing some cold weather in the Charlotte area and it got me to thinking of warmer days and trips to tropical places we've visited in our past. I love that no matter the theme, Eyelet Outlet has the topic covered. Today is a perfect example. I decuded  to do a jungle themed card because I have a great stamp set from Hero Arts in that theme that I could leverage. And of course Eyelet Outlet had the perfect brads and washi tape for what I had in mind.



I started by applying Giraffe Washi Tape on a kraft 4" x 5 1/4" panel in strips until it was covered. To get smooth edges, I folded over the raw tape edges to the back of the panel. Then I wanted to create circles to hold the elephant, giraffe and ape brads from the Jungle Mix Brad Set. I covered a small piece of white cardstock with Safari Foil Washi tape and cut 3/4" circles out of it. Then I set one of the animal brads in each circle. 

The next steps were to cut the sentiment pieces out of green cardstock and vellum and heat emboss them with Hero Arts detail black and white embossing powders. I cut a long rectangle out of a piece of jungle leaf cardstock I had on hand and a 1" strip out of green metallic papers using my deckle edge cutting blade. I stacked these together on the right side of the card. On top of that, I attached the rest of the pieces. I thought the lower left corner looked a little bare so I stamped and cut out a couple tropical plants from the same jungle stamp set that I got the sentiments from. Any jungle-looking die cut or stamp would work for this.

I hope you enjoyed a tropical themed card after all the Christmas projects. I know it felt pretty good to do something a little different for a change.

Have a great week and Happy New Year to you! 

- Janet

No comments