Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there on this beautiful Sunday! I've had a great day so far. My family has treated me very well and I'm looking forward to a family walk in a nature area nearby and dinner out before the day is over. I hope you're day is going equally as well.

Today I'm sharing a Mother's Day card of course! This is one I sent to my own Mom. I wanted to try a card where a cut is only partial and it allows the card to have a 3D effect without a lot of complicated work.

After searching a bit, this dragonfly caught my eye in the Cricut Dimensional Paper cartridge which is part of the Cricut Access subscription for the Cricut Explore. For some reason, I've always been drawn to dragonflies and this one was no exception.  Here's an angled view of the card so you can see the 3D aspect a little more.


And here's the interior of the card where some of the leftover paper from the front is used to create a border on the top and bottom of the card. The Happy Mother's Day message is stamped in the card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.


I've been seeing a lot of heat embossed sentiments on cards from various manufacturer's and crafters. I like it and have been trying my hand at it. So far, I'm not that thrilled with the results. First, it was really hard to get the ink pad I needed which everyone says is the best - VersaMark. I tried Michael's and JoAnn's numerous times and it was always sold out. I did finally find one but for this card, I made due with some regular ink. Unfortunately, regular ink is not as sticky as VersaMark so the embossing powder didn't stick evenly on the Love Ya Mom stamped message. The result was a little spotty but it worked ok. I'm going to continue trying this technique until I get it down! Practice makes perfect right? Anyway, the sentiment shape was another nested shape in the Cricut Access subscription. I believe it was in the Elegant Edges cartridge.

Well that's it from me today. Have a wonderful Mother's Day and see you soon! There will be several posts coming this week in honor of National Scrapbooking week.

Janet

No comments