Hello everyone! I'm so happy to show you what I've been up to lately. Christmas is going to be here soon and I am working on Christmas cards and tags at a feverish pace. Did you know there are only 5 Mondays left before Christmas! Yikes! There's a lot to do!


Lately I have been so inspired by card makers who are using mixed-media elements in their projects. Although an entire card was overwhelming, I felt I could tackle some tags using the new Christmas Tags die cut set. Somehow it's not as daunting when you are working on a smaller canvas.


I experimented with a number of different mediums on these tags and they turned out rather glamorous and diva-like. Some of the products I used were Distress Oxide inks, glimmer sprays, water, sequins, gold paste, perlen pens, gems, brads and Christmas mini-ornaments. I also used all kinds of ribbons from the traditional to furry and a few things in between! Most of these items were already in my stash, I just had to pull them out and put them to use!


This set also has a lot of little shapes you can use on these tags and they're sized just right for them. Instead of using the pieces, I used the negative space in the die cut as a template for the gold paste. Now I'm thinking about all the other applications for using negative space as templates for paste, spray or inks. It was a little tricky but it's the first time I've used a paste and ultimately I was pleased with the results. I definitely learned a few things by doing this project and I am warming up to the mixed-media style. I'm going to try something a little larger now that I have a little experience under my belt.


I invite you to watch my tutorial on these tags and learn along with me. I hope you'll be inspired to try something out of your comfort zone. It's satisfying to stretch your wings a little and try something new! These tags were the perfect size and scope for experimentation. Love it!

Click on the thumbnail below click on this link:
Tag Video


Enjoy the rest of your week!

Hugs,
Janet

Products used for this project:

1 comment