A Trio of Pumpkin Greetings!




Hello Clever Crafty Friends! Today I'm posting for the Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge blog. The challenge for the next two weeks is to make something with a pumpkin theme using your Cricut machine. I chose to do a trio of pumpkin Halloween cards. I needed these to send out so it was perfect timing. You can choose to make something fall or Thanksgiving themed. It just needs to have pumpkins involved.


First up is a shaped card I made by manipulating a super cute Miss Kate Cuttables file called Jack O Lantern #MCB6CC1B. I created a back shape for the card by welding the main design together. Then I glued the two pieces together using a hinged technique. A black satin ribbon finishes off this fun card.


I decided to go a little more adult with this card. It uses another great Miss Kate Cuttables file called JackO Lantern Frame #MCB6CBDE. Both of these cuts are available from Design Space and are included in the Access Subscription. The black webbing on this cut is extremely fine and intricate. I had great success by cutting the frame and webbing in black vinyl and applying it to the paper circle. I am using vinyl more regularly in my cards these days. Ever since I discovered that even the finest and smallest of shapes cut very well in vinyl, I enjoy using it and it gives your project a little different look too. The sentiment was cut five times and glued together to make a chunky greeting. The sentiment is called Happy Halloween #M849BAEA and it's from the Holiday Cakes Cartridge. I added a few gems and a paper bow I made with my Works All-In-One Tool. The creepy spiders and border was part of the patterned paper I used for this card. I think it works well!


For my last card, I chose to use the file called Elmo in Pumpkin #ME8DFD8. He is so cute and there is nothing scary about him. It's nice for a little one who isn't ready for the scary stuff yet. This is from a licensed Sesame Street cartridge I purchased a few years ago called Sesame Street Celebrations but you can buy individual images if you want to.


The sentiment is called October 31 #M2E6D8 and it's from Teresa Collins cartridge Chic and Scary. Again I cut this 5 times and layered them together to create a chunky message. I added another paper bow as well in the same paper as the background.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this little trio of pumpkins. I've got a walk-through on video of these cards with some additional tidbits of information if you're interested. Just click on the thumbnail or on this LINK.


Thanks again for stopping by. Have a great week!

Janet

3 comments

  1. You were on a roll!! Great cards. I love that they are all different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely had some fun, creative time. I love all of your pumpkin cards. They are all so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful set of cards - love that trio of pumpkins, they really pop off the page. Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete