Tag Book and Treat Box

Hello my clever crafty friends! I am super excited because today I am sharing projects I made as a Guest Designer for Alpha Stamps. They sent me a whole bunch of awesome things and I'm here today to show you the items I made.

Alpha Stamps has a monthly kit option so since I love kits, I chose to concentrate on making my items with it along with a few extra goodies they sent me and some things from my personal collection, which my husband has named the JCS -  Janet's Craft Store. LOL!

The kit this month is called the Christmas Baking Treat Box Kit. It has a baking theme and includes some great products. Click on THIS LINK if you'd like to see everything that's included.


The kit contains three pieces of card stock by Authentique in the Rejoice collection. You receive three double-sided 6" x 12" pages. I will tell you that if you want to recreate my projects in this paper, you will want to order an extra set of the 12 x 12 sheets as I used a bit more than the 6 x 12 sheets included in the kit. No worries though because all three pages are really beautiful and it will not go to waste if you pick them up!


First up is a House Treat Box. I named it #7 Candy Cane Lane because it has 7 candy canes on it. Fun right? This comes flat and undecorated leaving a ton of options available for your creative imagination. I covered mine with papers from the kit and used a couple collage sheets including Tiny Christmas Windows. Seven candy canes in different styles and colors were added including three made of wire covered in string and four polymer candy canes in red and white and peppermint stripes. I painted my front door and round window with a gold paint pen. They came from a chip board add-on called Mini House Doors and Windows. I embellished each side of the house with some white sparkly glitter paper from my collection and images from collage sheets. I then covered the roof with a coat of Diamond Dust to give it a snow dusted look. I left the top of my house open and used a Mini Bronze Butterfly Clip to close it. It's embellished with two of the polymer candy canes and some ribbon tied through its holes. I love how this turned out. You can put any number of things inside this house. I decided to put some of the tags I made with the collage sheets in mine.


The book is something I call a Gift Tag Notebook. It's as cute as can be both inside and out but it's also practical. You can keep track of your gift list on the pad and as you wrap your purchases, you can immediately add a gift tag from the gusseted pocket inside and check off someone from your list! It's an easy but pretty way to keep organized during the busy season.


I will be releasing the tutorial on how to construct the bones of the book on my YouTube Channel on Saturday, November 16th. Don't miss it! Go there now to subscribe and hit the bell too so you'll get the notice when it's published. You'll be surprised how simple it is to create. Really! I promise!


The book is made from scratch using kit papers and chipboard. I embellished the front with collage images from the kit's Sweet Treats Collage Sheet and another called Gingerbread. I added a dome from Tim Holtz and two silver charms from the Santa's Sleigh Charm Set and another called Silver Double Candy Cane Set. In the dome, I put a few of the pieces from the kit's Polymer Clay Christmas Candy Slice Mix. I tried a new enclosure for this book. A piece of elastic gold cording loops around a mini knob to keep everything secure. So fun!


Inside I constructed a gusseted pocket and attached a tablet. The tablet is actually what I designed the  book size around. It comes in a pack of five from the Dollar Tree. I'd had it since the late summer  and was just waiting for a good project to use it in. I decorated the top of the tablet and the pocket with three of the four Gingerbread Cookie Resin Cabs from the kit. The pocket is also embellished with a beautiful image of two children and their dog looking out their snowy window.


Above are just some of the tags I created using images from the collage sheets they sent. If you love vintage you really must go take a look at everything they stock. It's that good! Here's a link to the Collage Sheet section of their website for your drooling pleasure.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll take a moment and go to the video where I can show and tell a lot more about the projects and how I made them. Click on the thumbnail below or on THIS LINK.
Have a wonderful week! Stay warm during this unusual cold snap that's impacting so much of the USA.

Janet

1 comment

  1. Hi Janet, I love this book style and esp love the way the charm hangs fm the spine. I always had to just make a loop with a knot which didn't look tht great. But ur method is more clean looking. What is that "thing" called tht has a lobster clasps to hold the charms called n can it b purchased on Alpha? Looking forward to hearing fm you.
    my best, Patti

    ReplyDelete