House Mouse Birdie Kiss

 

Hello and happy Friday everyone! Today I'm doing a very quick card share of an adorable House Mouse Designs stamp called Birdie Kiss. I have been practicing water coloring using Tombow Dual Tip Markers. Earlier this week, I was rummaging through my stamps and came across this one. I had picked it up at Tuesday Morning in 2018 and had never used it. Well, one look and I fell in love with it again and this time I pulled it out to stamp and paint. Finally! Unfortunately, I think this stamp is discontinued but you might be able to find it on Ebay or Etsy if you really want this stamp.

I paint this by using a pallette, rubbing marker ink on to the palette and then picking it up with a damp #3 round brush. I apply the color directly from there but there are times I wet the area I'm coloring first if I want it to spread out and give more variation of color. Every time I paint something, I learn something and this was no exception. I'm far from perfect but practicing is making me more comfortable and giving me more confidence to try the next one.  

This is a 5 x 7 card. Usually I make 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards (A2 size) but this is such a nice large stamp, I thought it deserved a bit more real estate. I used a 5 x 7 sized Curious Metallic Violette cardstock for the background. I cut the purple mat out of the center of the 5 x 7 piece, then placed the gold metallic patterned paper from my scraps on top to cover the hole created by cutting the mat. Then I put the mat and the cut image on top of that. I glued the finished panel on a cream 5 x 7 #110 Classic Crest Natural cardstock card base. This way, I only used one sheet of 5 x 7 specialty paper and not that much was wasted.

I'm entering this card into the House-Mouse & Friends Anything Goes Monday Challenge

I'll be back again tomorrow with my regular Art Impressions project. Take care everyone!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest


5 comments

  1. Super cute card Janet :-) the image is so sweet and the colours and fancy frame are gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, the link to your card from the inlinkz was faulty so I am fixing it. Luckily you had your blog name on youtr card so I could find you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for fixing it! I didn't know that. I appreciate you stopping by to say high.

      Delete
  2. Super adorable mousey card love the cute image thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC

    Mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Beautifully colored. I love the shimmery background too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! I appreciate your visit and comment.

      Delete