Envelope Punch Easter Basket


I do a good bit of scrap booking and over time I've acquired paper with large patterns thinking they'd be great in a scrapbook but I realized that though that type of paper looks great in the store, it usually doesn't work at all for scrap booking because it dominates the pictures. Though I can't really use it, I also can't bare to waste the paper either. The result is that I've hung on to paper like this that I really like. That's why I love today's project. I finally found a use for the cute Easter egg paper that I've had for years!

This basket is made with a envelope card punch. I've recently discovered through YouTube that there are many different things that can be made with an envelope punch board. Way cool. My inspiration for this basket comes from Linda Parker. She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator from the UK. I just recently found her channel and she has some fabulous paper crafting ideas that I plan to try soon. You can find her here: Linda Parker YouTube Channel. Actually my basket combines two of Linda's basket projects. 

The basket is a simple punch, score and glue project with a 7" square sheet of paper. If you use card stock, you only need to form the basket once but since my Easter Egg paper was light, I made another basket base out of green card stock then used that as a lining for the inside of the basket. It turns out that it's a good thing to do because it finishes the inside of the basket off as well as gives it more support. 

To decorate the basket, I made a bow out of Easter ribbon I had in my stash. The doily was made on my Cricut Explore. Once it was ready, I cut it in half and put half at each base of the handle. I cut the diamond border from a Our Memories for Life border punch. The butterfly is from a Sizzix Hero Arts Framelit set. I colored it with watercolor and Zig Wink of Stella Fine Glitter Markers. The Happy Easter sentiment is a recycled piece from a card I got several years ago. When I see something that would work great on a new card or in some decorative project, I keep it. I've had this piece for close to 10 years I think! Did I say I have a crafting hoard? Guilty!

Here's a quick list of the major components and tools I used in this project:
Sizzix Framelits # 657778
Zig Wink of Stella Fine Glitter Dust Markers
Glitzy Glitter Card Stock from DCWV
WeRMemory Keepers Envelope Punch
Our Memories for Life Border Maker - Zig Zag

I am entering a few contests this week. Please check these sites out for lots of inspiration!.


No comments