Happy Birthday Flowers



Hi everyone. Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I made for my awesome and wonderful Assistant at the office. She is always so bright and chipper that I had to make a card to match her personality!

Except for the three flowers, this card was made entirely with cuts from the Cricut Access subscription. The main flower accent is a Print Then Cut design with a blank banner. One of my fonts were used to add Happy Birthday as the sentiment. A card sketch helped me put this together. A card sketch is so helpful to get the creativity flowing and it really speeds things up too. Here's what the card sketch looked like. I copied pretty closely except I used an oval instead of a circle for the main part of the card.

There are a lot of patterns on this card - five in total plus two different solid card stock colors on a space that's 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"! That might be a record on a card for me but it works. The colors are the same brightness and nothing is fighting each other. The easiest way to use a lot of patterns together is to use papers from the same card stack - almost anything will work together when you do that because the designer usually designs the collection to work together. These papers came from a variety of collections because I pulled pieces from my stash of scraps. That took more time and effort though.

The final touches that make this card extra special are sequins in the right corner and the three cheery flowers. I applied the white Perler Pen to cover the sequin holes and create flower centers. Last but not least, I applied Glossy Accents to the center flower with the lines and clear Wink of Stella to add some glimmer to the flowers and leaves. It's hard to see but you can see the application of white Perler Pen to create the Prima flower centers, the glitter accents from the Wink of Stella pen and the Glossy accents on the center blue star flower in this close-up.
The Cricut cuts for this card are below:
Spring Flower Banner - Enjoy the Seasons Cartridge
Bracket Label - Phrases Cartridge
Banner - Decorate! Celebrate! Cartridge (sized to make 2 different sizes)
Prima Got Flowers mulberry flowers
Viva Perlen Pen - Ice White
Yellow translucent sequins
Ranger Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella Pen - Clear

I'm pleased to enter this card into the following card challenges. Please visit them for more card and project inspiration!

Tuesday Throwdown-#291-Anything Goes_Ends 5/2
Paper Play Sketches-006_Ends 5/3
Fresh Brewed Designs Blogspot-2016-16_Ends 5/3
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges-#69_Ends 5/3
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge-#33_Ends 5/5
Hiding in My Craftroom-#249_Ends 5/7
Avenue 613 Challenge-#174_5/8
Craft Rocket Challenges-#14-Pink and Pearlie_Ends 5/10
2 Crafty Girls Challenges-18_Ends 5/11

No comments