Baby Monkey Congratulations Card


Happy Hump Day everyone! It's my turn to post a project using CottageCutz dies. Today I'm celebrating baby using one of the new dies from the CottageCutz baby release! This little fella is such a cutie and is a perfect way to congratulate someone special who has welcomed a new little monkey of their own.

I invite you to visit the video which shows you how I made this card in detail. Also included in the video description are the dimensions for all the pieces I used in this project and links to the products (Disclaimer - I don't earn commissions on CottageCutz die sales).


I used several techniques on this monkey to maximize his cuteness. First I shaded him using brown and black chalks before putting him together. I raised up his paws with foam tape and rounded his tummy before placing a strip of foam tape down his middle to help retain the baby tummy roundness. He demanded some googly eyes and I happily complied! Then his mouth was traced with a black fine-lined marker so his personality could really shine. I also rounded the balloons and attached them with foam tape to the strings. The balloons are part of this monkey set and I know I'll use them for many other projects. It's always nice when a die can be versatile.




Hope you enjoyed this little guy. I'll be posting again for CottageCutz on April 30th but I'm going to try to post a project this weekend. It all depends on how much spring yard work I get done! Take care and see you soon!

No comments