Saturday, May 6, 2017

Teacher Appreciation Cards

Happy Saturday everyone! Earlier this week, I was challenged with mass producing six cards for my son's teachers. In our district it was Teacher Appreciation week. I'm not sure if that's a national week or if each district chooses their own week but in any case, I want to share with you a teacher thank you card set that worked well for the occasion.


These were relatively easy to put together and it took me about an hour once I figured out what to do. These are 4-Bar sized cards (3.5" x 4 7/8") so they are a little smaller than A2. Part of the reason I chose that size was so that it was a little less work to prepare the card front backgrounds but it was still big enough to fit a Target gift card inside.

For the card front, I cut six pieces of white card stock at 3 1/4" x 4 5/8". Next, I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in four colors by applying Salty Ocean first, then Mustard Seed, then Spiced Marmalade and finally Worn Lipstick. When I applied the Mustard Seed over the Salty Ocean, it created the greenish range you see between the blue and yellow. Once I finished blending the colors over each other, I stamped the school house on each one. Once everything was dry, I sprinkled water droplets over the top. Water and distress ink interact with each other and it lightens all the areas where water touched the ink for a cool effect.


The "Thanks" sentiment is from CottageCutz and I cut six of them out of black card stock and adhered one above each school house image. The final step was spritzing Pewter Shimmer Mist from Tsukineko over each card. I love this mist and it gave the whole background a pretty shimmer.

I completed the cards by stamping, "A+ Well Done" on the inside of the card. All the stamps come from a Close To My Heart set called, School Rocks. This is a retired set but is still available from online sellers per my check as I was writing this. I've used this set a lot as it has some super cute school images in it.


Well, that does it for me today. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment. Don't forget that I now have a YouTube channel you can visit for more ideas. You can find me there at SugarShine's YouTube Channel. I'll be back soon!

- Janet


Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace