Teacher Appreciation Cards

Happy Saturday everyone! Earlier this week, I was challenged with mass producing six cards for my son's teachers. In our district it was Teacher Appreciation week. I'm not sure if that's a national week or if each district chooses their own week but in any case, I want to share with you a teacher thank you card set that worked well for the occasion.


These were relatively easy to put together and it took me about an hour once I figured out what to do. These are 4-Bar sized cards (3.5" x 4 7/8") so they are a little smaller than A2. Part of the reason I chose that size was so that it was a little less work to prepare the card front backgrounds but it was still big enough to fit a Target gift card inside.

For the card front, I cut six pieces of white card stock at 3 1/4" x 4 5/8". Next, I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in four colors by applying Salty Ocean first, then Mustard Seed, then Spiced Marmalade and finally Worn Lipstick. When I applied the Mustard Seed over the Salty Ocean, it created the greenish range you see between the blue and yellow. Once I finished blending the colors over each other, I stamped the school house on each one. Once everything was dry, I sprinkled water droplets over the top. Water and distress ink interact with each other and it lightens all the areas where water touched the ink for a cool effect.


The "Thanks" sentiment is from CottageCutz and I cut six of them out of black card stock and adhered one above each school house image. The final step was spritzing Pewter Shimmer Mist from Tsukineko over each card. I love this mist and it gave the whole background a pretty shimmer.

I completed the cards by stamping, "A+ Well Done" on the inside of the card. All the stamps come from a Close To My Heart set called, School Rocks. This is a retired set but is still available from online sellers per my check as I was writing this. I've used this set a lot as it has some super cute school images in it.


Well, that does it for me today. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment. Don't forget that I now have a YouTube channel you can visit for more ideas. You can find me there at SugarShine's YouTube Channel. I'll be back soon!

- Janet


No comments