Window Flower Box Thanks


Hey everybody and Happy Friday to you! I'm posting on Friday instead of Saturday because it's going to be a busy weekend. This week's card is a 3D thank you card with some interesting features. It's super textured. The red background page is embossed with a brick wall pattern and the window frame is embossed with a wood grain pattern. I wanted to give the impression of sheer curtains so I used pink vellum and used bits of silver card stock as tie backs. The silver and white diamond pattern looks like wallpaper and the curtains allow the background to peek through the way real sheer curtains do.

Card cuts in Cricut Design Space
The window cut is from the Cricut Access subscription. It has a rectangle for the flower box which I sized deeper so it was wide enough to hold my flowers and leaves. This cut doesn't include curtains so I found another cut for a stage and used the curtain part of it after resizing it to fit my window. After the window and curtains were designed, I searched for branch and found the cut I've used for the leaves. There are 5 branch cuts that I randomly put down as a base after the long stem part was trimmed off so that only leaves remained. Then I found a 3D flower and after they were cut, the petals were shaped using a pencil to roll the petals into a more realistic shape. It really helps to give flat flowers a more realistic look when you bend and shape the petals. After gluing the flowers on the box using white Beads in a Bottle in the centers, the box and flowers were popped up on foam tape to give some further depth. The final touches are a stamped Thanks banner and a bow made from brown and cream baker's twine. Just to give it a little more interest I rounded opposing corners of the card leaving two corners pointed.

I hope you enjoyed this one. If you'd like to make one yourself, the cuts and dimensions are below. Thanks and see you next week!

WINDOW AND FLOWER BOX RECIPE:
Card Base - 5.5" x 4.25"
Curtain Cut: Stage #M467A5 from the Twinkle Toes Cartridge - shape to fit window
Window and Box: Window Sill #M3C5E7 from the Creative Cards Cartridge - 2.43" x 3.36" box is 2.04" x .65"
Branch: #M30301 from the Garden Soup Cartridge .62" x .84"
3D Flower: #M4709B from the Flower Shoppe Cartridge - .54" x .49"

No comments