Thank You Friend!


Hi there crafty friends! Have you ever had a friend who saved you from an embarrassing situation? Maybe they covered for you or gave you the signal to stop talking before you get caught saying something you shouldn't? Recently a friend of mine did just this for me. I was so grateful, I made her this card to say thanks. I feel like the expression on this bird perfectly mimics how I must have looked when I almost made a fool of myself! I get a kick out of him. He looks like the bird that swallowed the canary instead of the cat!  


I was able to quickly put this card together in a few minutes thanks to a great Sizzix die cut and stamp set by Tim Holtz. It's called Bird Talk and it has three outrageous little bird die cuts with matching bird stamps. It also came with many different words that you can combine into a message like I did here. The words are Hello, Love, Friend, Thank, Miss and You. If all that wasn't enough, an embossing folder is also included. The hardest part of this project was picking the colors and coloring the bird!


This set is readily available at Michael's but you can also get it from Amazon. Below you'll find a link to get your own set as well as the measurement and supplies used.

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel. You'll find many projects with detailed instructions and tips. 


Click to go to my How To Instructional Video Channel

Card Recipe:
1) A2 Sized Card Base (4.25" x 5.5" folded) Craft Card     Stock
2) Cream Card Stock Embossed with Included Folder 4 1/2" x 5 5/8"
3) Cork Sentiment Mat (1 3/4" x 2 3/8"
4) Cream Card Stock Sentiment (1 1/2" x 2 2/8"
5) Black Embossing Powder (Used on Sentiment)
6) Brown Embossing Powder (Used on Bird Stamp)
7) Spectrum Noir Markers (blue and orange)
8) Ribbon for bow 3/8" wide
9) Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Bird Talk Set


I'm please to participate in the following card challenges:
Creative Fingers Challenge #125
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog #174-Animals
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #111
Jo's Scrapshack #177-Always Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Blog-Wednesday Challenge

No comments