Summer Time Ice Cream Birthday!


Hey clever crafty friends! It's summer and the living is easy. In celebration of the Summer theme at the BittenByTheBug2 challenge blog, I've chosen to use the Foil Quill tool with my Cricut Air to put a lovely golden ice cream cone on water color paper. Then I pulled out my Zig Clean Color Markers and water colored my favorite flavors - strawberry and chocolate chip mint. Ok, so usually it's green ice cream with chocolate bits. For some reason, I did it the opposite way on this card. I've invented a new combo. Ha, ha!

It's hard to get the pretty foiling but here's a close up and you can make it out a bit better. This design is from the Foil Quill Amy Tan Design Drive.

I have a few videos reviewing the Foil Quill System, what types of materials will foil and what foils work with it. You can find the YouTube Playlist on my channel here: Foil Quill Reviews & Tutorials


I added some texture to my red and white zig zag A2 card base by embossing polka dots to the front. I tied a bow around the panel with some red and white baker's twine. Then I put my finished water color panel on foam tape and applied it at an angle. On top of that I placed a label from the Cricut Close To My Heart Cartridge called Art Philosophy. The shape has a matching design that I thought was cute with this super casual birthday card.

This card went together super fast! I love a quick birthday card don't you?

That about does it for me but keep an eye out for a video I'm working on that shows how I made the card using the newest Foil Quill accessory, the Magnetic Mat. It works great to hold the foil in place without Washi tape.

So what summer themed card or scrapbook project have you been working on? Show it off at the BittenByTheBug2 challenge blog. The two rules are to follow the theme and use your Cricut machine in at least one element.

Have a great week!
Janet

4 comments

  1. This looks yummy and ice cream is one of my favorite treats in the summer. It sure does cool you off. It looks like a lot of work went into your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The cone itself is wonderful but then the close up of the coloring you did is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a piece of art. I see the foiling with the closeup picture. Now I want ice cream! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great new technique! glad to see it used so I can decide whether or not to take the plunge! love this card, your water color cones are divine!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete