Pink & Gold Holiday Glam!

Hello! It's Janet wishing you a crafty and fun day! We've moved into December so you know what that means - Christmas is almost here! Yay! I like Christmas traditions and I always have a red and green tree at our house but I also have what I call, "my artsy-fartsy" tree. This is the tree where I get to try out new colors, trends and anything that tickles my fancy. This year, it's pink and gold. Now, I'm not a pink girl usually but something about pink and gold with winter snow, lace, feathers and so forth just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As it happens, it's my turn to host the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog. My two week challenge to you is to make anything holiday featuring pink and gold. Christmas, New Year, Hanukkah - you name the holiday, pink and gold will work. Get your project in by 7 am EST on December 23rd.



I made this 3D ornament from the Dreaming Tree. It's called Round Ornament. I would have called it something much more descriptive like Teardrop Vintage Ornament but hey, I'm not the creators!

This has a lot of nice details to it and is actually not that hard to put together. After making this one, I think I could make six or so of these pretty quickly and I'm actually thinking about making some more for next year. Here's a closer look at the recessed interior and trims. It's super!


I used traditional gold for the star and trim inside the recessed area and pink glitter paper for the lacy trim around the edges. Gold half back beads and glittery pink acrylic domes trim the lacy pink glitter edging. On the side, I chose a pretty rose gold. I am a sucker for it. I just think it's so glamorous and pretty! What's your favorite metal? Gold, silver or rose gold? Let me know!


The details in this design is what makes it stunning. It's two sided with the exact same dimension and trims on the back to match the front! The ornament has a dimensional top with holes to put a hanging string. My bow covers that up but you could get away without a bow if that isn't your thing. However it does make a nice base to attach a bow to. I am in love with the romance and vintage look of it.

Thanks for joining me today and please don't forget to create something pink and gold for the holiday which can be any holiday, not just Christmas. The challenge will be open until December 22nd.

Take care and until next time, I wish you peace, love, hope and joy for the Christmas season!

Janet


2 comments

  1. That's one gorgeous ornament! I love all the bling on it, too. It really stuns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete