Christmas in July - Polar Bear and Penguin



Hello. It's July and of course that gets me thinking of Christmas in July. I wanted to use the uber cute Penguin Brads and Polar Bear Brads from Eyelet Outlet and this seemed like a great time to pull them out even if it is 95 degrees outside right now!

I made the background using the Santa Washi Tape in strips on top of a white card base. Yes, washi tape! A pretty patterned Washi tapes makes a wonderful background and that idea has opened up many options for my Washi Tape collection.

I had a snowflake embossed vellum rectangle in my stash that I had left over from a different project and I think it's great on top of the Santa background. I die cut the lantern and glued it to the velum. The lantern was the perfect size for one of the penguins and bears. These are so cute together in this little scene!


I used my Cricut to cut the banner but I lined the white cardstock with both the Silver Star Foil Washi and the Glitter Gold Washi before I cut it. I have not done this before but it worked great. You can do the same thing with any steel dies too. I love that I can get a bit of glitter and shine without cutting into an expensive glitter or foiled cardstock. Once cut, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.

To finish it, I layered two of our Red Paper Flowers together and put White Glitter Enamel Dots in the center to create a pointsettia look. I also used Silver Glitter Enamel Dots on the banner. 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy a little Christmas this July!

No comments