St. Patrick's Day Shabby Chic! Slide and Stand Card


Would you like to make interactive cards but think they might be too hard? If so, I've got a great card for you today called the Slide and Stand card. Some people like to make their version of this without a lot of layers. I added plenty of dimension to my card and I promise you it's not hard. The standing section will slide into the base of the card and flatten. When the recipient opens the card, they are surprised to see the stand up card that was mostly hidden until opened. You can sign the back of the stand up piece or even attach a gift card there.

This card stands 6 1/4" tall and about 6" wide from leaf tip to leaf tip. The card dimensions I'll share can be kept to an A4 size if you choose not to extend the top and sides of the card like I did. Since the card is bulky, I made a decorative box for it as well but you could also cushion it in tissue paper and put it in a small gift bag for a different presentation as well.


This card is almost entirely made from Neenah Classic Crest, Classic Natural White cardstock in 110 lb weight. This is a great cardstock because it's got the perfect thickness and rigidity for a card that will be handled quite a bit and still stand at attention. The ephemera and decorative cardstocks were printed on this cardstock also. I am able to print the thick cardstock in my Canon MX922 ink jet printer. I roll the cardstock sheets in my hands in one direction and then the other and this does the trick to train the paper to roll easily in the direction the printer pulls the cardstock in. If you have trouble printing on cardstock with your printer, you might try this trick. The video I made shows and describes this in more detail.

You can watch the tutorial by clicking below. Cardstock dimensions used can be found below or in the video description.


I used a digital kit from TaylorMade Cards4U for this card. I do enjoy cute images but sometimes I want to do something a little more vintage and this kit is perfect for that with many classical Irish graphics, butterflies and rich green paper patterns. The kit is called One Lucky Day. I also embellished this with some paper flowers, silk leaves, pearls and coin stickers.

The dimensions for this card are as follows:

1) Main card base: 4 1/4" x 11; Score at 1", 2 3/4", 3 3/4", 5 1/2", 7 1/4", 8 1/4", 10"

2) Mat for stand up piece: 3 1/4" x 5 1/4"

3) Main stand up piece: 3" x 5 1/8"

4) Box decorative mats: 1 1/2" x 4" (4 pieces); 3/4" x 4" (2 pieces)

SUPPLIES USED:

For all you cardstock supplies, shop https://www.cutcardstock.com?p=HkIZzVvrU

·         Neenah Classic Crest – Classic Natural WhiteCardstock, 110# Cover

·         One Lucky Day Digital Kit, Taylormade Cards4U

·         Distress Ink, Vintage Photo

·         Cosmic Shimmer Opal Polish, Blue Parakeet

·         Mini Ink Blending Tool

·         Cannon MX922 Printer

Thanks for joining me here today. Are you doing any cards or crafts for St. Patrick's day? CutCardStock definitely has the products you need to be a success!

- Janet


No comments