Fall Crow Wobble Card

Hi everyone! Thanksgiving is almost here but there's still time to show you one more fall-themed card before Christmas comes to steal the show. Today's card features an adorable bobble crow from PPbN Designs. I just love him! Who can resist a smile when the crow wobbles and his googly eyes go rolling around. I mean really! If you haven't used wobbles before, I highly recommend it. They will definitely make your recipient's day.






Interior
PPbN's files come in several formats so you can use them on pretty much all cutting machines. PPbN also gives you .ping and .jpg files. These are very convenient when using the print then cut feature available on some machines. By the way, If you aren't a member at PPbN, you should consider it. Members get 60 images a month for $7 a month. No one else offers a deal like that and their images are awesome! (I'm not compensated by PPbN in any way.)

DIRECTIONS (Cut sizes and supplies are in the Supplies section):
For this A2 sized card, I imported the .ping file with the crow, moon and pumpkins. I wanted him to be in front a fence though and I found a great one in the My Community Cricut cartridge. I used my Cricut Explore and Design space to create my final cut. First I imported and sized the crow. Then I sized the fence to match. Next, I attached the two images together and flattened them to create a new single image. The PPbN Download came with another .ping file of just the crow alone and this was perfect to create the bobble feature. I simply imported him as well and printed the two images together. After that, I was able to cut the images out on the Explore. I am very impressed with how well it cut the tiny crow's legs and the vines on the pumpkins.

Notice the tiny legs and vines!


There are just a couple other cuts needed for this card. The sentiment tag is from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I didn't have the right sentiment stamp for this one so I imported text on it, attached it and also used the print then cut feature. This is a great option if you don't have many stamps. The card base is white with orange and black mats. The finishing touch on this project is the three leaves. They were sold in a pack to be used as table confetti but when I saw them, I knew they would work great on cards and other projects too. I enhanced these by pouncing the edges with distress ink and drawing veins with a Wink of Stella marker. I also used a clear Wink of Stella brush marker to put the "frost on the pumpkins!"

Now to the most fun part, the wobble feature. Before attaching the wobble to the crow, I applied googly eyes which to me is what makes him so super cute. I attached the wobble to the extra crow image and then attached the whole thing to the base card image. Wobbles come with adhesive on each end of it so they're very easy to attach to your project.
Wobble spring attached to card and image
The card interior top notes are free from the Cricut Craft Room Basics on Design Space. It comes as a layered image and I cut one in white and the shadow in black. The interior sentiment is made from an alphabet sticker set. I inked up the two interior leaves and applied clear Wink of Stella to give them a little dimension as well.

There you have it! Instant fun just can't be easier!  I'll be making at least one holiday wobble card before Christmas so keep an eye out for that!

SUPPLIES:
Fall Crow with pumpkins and moon- PPbN Designs (4" x 4.5")
Fall Crow - (2.115" x 2.8")
Fence and Pavement - Cricut My Community - Fence image only (5.09" x 1.6")
Orange Mat (4 1/8" x 5 3/8")
Black Mat (3 7/8" x 5 1/8")
Sentiment Tag - Cricut Close to My Heart Art Philosophy (1.899" x .875")
2 Mini Brads
Interior Keynotes - (3.389" x 4.75")
Ashland Bagged Leaves - Michaels
Wink of Stella Brush Marker - Clear
Wink of Stella Fine Tip Marker - Gold
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Pebbles Classic Chalk - Dark Orange
1/2" Googly Eyes - Walmart
Action Wobble Springs
Karen Foster Design Headline Alphabet - Black #10945

CONTEST ENTRIES:
Bitten By The Bug 2 - Anything Goes Challenge
Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Tag Challenge
PDE Linky Party - Pilgrims Indians Turkeys or Scarecrows

8 comments

  1. This card is so cute in person! The pictures do not do the wobbly eyes justice. Both kids and adults will get a kick out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute, cute card!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at BBTB2 and our 'Pilgrim, Turkey, Indian or Scarecrow' Linky Party at PDE!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chat explore can make card making do easy. Great card. Thx for joining Bbtb this week

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the wobble! Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crow is just adorable and love those googly eyes! Very cute fall card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card!

    Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Hope to see you again!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute card!! Love that bird and especially love how you incorporated the fall theme on the inside of the card too!! Thanks for linking your card up with the Craftin Desert Divas "Tag It" linky party!!
    Nicole
    CDD dt

    ReplyDelete