Welcome to Sugar Shine Designs!

I'm excited to launch my first blog to talk all about crafting with paper. I have had a love affair with paper, ink and markers since I was a small child and as an adult I can finally indulge my imagination with all things paper! Do you remember the thrill of brand new markers or a new stamp when you were a kid? I do and that thrill never followed me right into adulthood. Now I have a whole area dedicated to my crafting addiction that's full of all the things I love playing with.

So why did I pick the name Sugar Shine Designs? Well, like many of you, I find crafting to be a fun and "sweet" hobby. Like a good piece of candy or dessert, it makes me very happy; hence the Sugar part of the name. The Shine reference is homage to the fact that everything I make has a bit of shine somewhere. I love all things shiny whether it's from glitter, papers, markers, glues or any other medium. If it doesn't have something bling, it's not made by me! It often is a lot but there's ALWAYS something. 

I hope you will enjoy my little blog and tell your friends and family about it. I invite you to follow me as I post projects and discuss techniques, products and supplies.

So welcome to Sugar Shine Designs. I hope this will be the start of something yummy! 

SO ON TO MY FIRST PROJECT.....
My first project is a simple thank you card with a feminine touch. Notice that there are several bits of shine on this project. ;)


This is an A2 sized (4.25" x 5.5") card. It was created with the new Artfully Sent cartridge from Close to My Heart. After cutting the base with my Cricut Explore machine, I enhanced the center of the roses with large iridescent sequins and then placed small hot pink sequins in the center. I like the effect this created. I sprayed the card with Copper Tsukineko sheer shimmer spritz. I still felt it needed a little something, so I added the ribbon at the bottom.

The interior of the card has a pop-up feature. Isn't that boot full of flowers fun? 


The boot is also from the Artfully Sent cartridge. I cut it out of white cardstock and used my Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers and white Gelly Roll pen to color and highlight the boot and flowers. I used Tulip Beads in a Bottle for the flower centers and applied Glossy Accents to the entire boot to make it look more like a shiny rain boot. Although you can't see it in the photo, the boot is very shiny and looks a lot like the bright plastic rain boots that children wear. Finally I topped it off with a looped bow of embroidery thread and a background splash of shimmer spritz. I love how this turned out. It could be used for many different occasions such as a birthday, get well or thinking of you. In this case, I cut out the word Thanks in front of the boot but unfortunately I didn't get a good photo of that.

Thanks for checking out my project today. I'll be back soon with another one. 

~Janet 

1 comment