Basketball Fever!

Hello! Although I've been doing a lot of Christmas crafts this month, there's been a few birthdays and I also do a little scrapbooking on a regular basis in order to keep up - or stay just a couple years behind as I am now.



Today, I'm showing a one-page layout for my son's basketball season. I have grouped just three pictures that I think summed up his experience. You can't see it because I've covered faces in this post, but my son's expressions and the team and coaches preparing to begin a game tells a great story without needing many words.

The title comes from the Cricut Create A Friend cartridge. I enhanced it with white and black gel pens. This helped the title stand out and adds some movement to it. I grouped the photos and the title in the center to take advantage of the great basketball floor paper. For a long time, I would purchase a great patterned paper like this but I didn't know how to use it. It would often compete with the photos and embellishments and I'd end up not using it. I have since learned to group the elements together in the center like this to keep the focus on the pictures while also taking advantage of the paper. If this happens to you, try grouping photos to see if it works better. Other embellishments include washi tape with the year stamped over the top, a basketball brad and some stickers. Note that I did include a little bling - black stickles to the Swish! sticker. I often hear people say they can't use glitter for boy layouts but I disagree. You just have to use it wisely!

As always, thanks for looking at my work. I'll be back soon with some birthday cards and then it'll be Christmas crafting again until the new year. Until next time happy crafting!

- Janet

No comments