Sunday, December 28, 2014

Whoo's Having a Birthday!

Hello crafting friends! Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made a few weeks ago but hadn't gotten posted with all the holiday stuff going on. Don't you think it's hard to make cards for guys sometimes? This was made for a fella and I think it shows that you can always use a little bling - even for the men in your life (note the brown rhinestones on the sentiment). This is a 4.25" x 5.5" card using my Cricut Explore to cut the owl and branch as well as the sentiment shapes. I didn't have stamps for what I wanted to say so I printed the sentiments and then cut them out in the shapes shown. 

 Don't you love this guy's eyes? I had purchased a sticker pack of eyes last year and knew it would be great on owls. I finally used one of them on this. Really, any critter could use these eyes and I have made a mental note to use them again. They are Jolee's Boutique brand.

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me. Please comment if you like it and share my site with your other crafting friends! I have posted some blog candy (free stuff) for new subscribers to have a chance at winning. So if you aren't subscribed now, sign up and maybe you'll win the Amazon gift card! If you are a subscriber, every friend who signs up and leaves your name will enter you with 2 chances at it! The link is here: SugarShine's Blog Candy Giveaway

Until next time, happy crafting!

- Janet
SugarShine Designs

CONTESTS:
Word Art Wednesday/#163-two-week-anything-goes
Hiding in my Craft Room/#180-freestyle
Robyn's Fetish Challenge
Little Scrap Pieces/show-it-off-saturday-and-winter


Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace