Berries and Trees - Christmas Card

Hello! I hope you enjoyed a long Thanksgiving weekend. My family and I had a very nice time visiting with friends and decorating for Christmas. I've worked up a few different projects I'll share with you this week. Today I'm sharing a card that incorporates embossing, chalking, stamping, alcohol marker coloring, glitter and sequins.
Usually I have a plan when I start but this one just came together one step at a time and began with embossing the white card stock and the next steps coming as I felt like it. The only thing I knew for sure was that it would have green, red, white and pink so that I could enter it in a challenge at CardzTV. Normally working without a plan ends in something hideous but this time it worked out! The end result is a card that is refreshing and makes me think of evergreens in the snow. This is the first time I used this particular embossing folder from Darice. It has a lot of possibilities and next time I want to do one all in white with just one other color. I think it could be really pretty.

As usual, I can't stand making a card without doing something in the interior. To me it isn't finished unless it looks nice inside too. Here I just added another evergreen tree and stamped a sentiment. A list of supplies can be found at the end of my post. Thanks and until next time, happy crafting!
Card Interior

SUPPLIES:
Embossing Folder - Darice - Trees with Pine Cone
Sequins and Stars
Christmas stamps (sorry I don't know what brand or their name as they are old)
Pebbles Chalk
Iridescent Glitter


8 comments

  1. Great Christmas card! Thanks for linking up at CDD! ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also prefer having a plan, however occasionally an unplanned work can be like this wonderful card. Each point of interest is so unique in shape, color and placement. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday today. We appreciate your faithfulness.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. So nice to know you took some time to look at my blog! That is a lot of work and time for you but so appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card, great embossing folder and the addition of the sequins is very creative. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much. I enjoyed seeing your projects over at your blog. You've done lots of nice projects. The candle was inspiring. I am thinking of something like that now. 😍

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous Christmas card!! Love the embossing!!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you DID get about
    every technique in there!
    Way to rock it!
    Thanks so much for also sharing at the Craftin Desert Divas.

    Warmly, Leah (CDD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and festive card!
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Lena - DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete