Monday, December 1, 2014

Berries and Trees - Christmas Card

Hello! I hope you enjoyed a long Thanksgiving weekend. My family and I had a very nice time visiting with friends and decorating for Christmas. I've worked up a few different projects I'll share with you this week. Today I'm sharing a card that incorporates embossing, chalking, stamping, alcohol marker coloring, glitter and sequins.
Usually I have a plan when I start but this one just came together one step at a time and began with embossing the white card stock and the next steps coming as I felt like it. The only thing I knew for sure was that it would have green, red, white and pink so that I could enter it in a challenge at CardzTV. Normally working without a plan ends in something hideous but this time it worked out! The end result is a card that is refreshing and makes me think of evergreens in the snow. This is the first time I used this particular embossing folder from Darice. It has a lot of possibilities and next time I want to do one all in white with just one other color. I think it could be really pretty.

As usual, I can't stand making a card without doing something in the interior. To me it isn't finished unless it looks nice inside too. Here I just added another evergreen tree and stamped a sentiment. A list of supplies can be found at the end of my post. Thanks and until next time, happy crafting!
Card Interior

SUPPLIES:
Embossing Folder - Darice - Trees with Pine Cone
Sequins and Stars
Christmas stamps (sorry I don't know what brand or their name as they are old)
Pebbles Chalk
Iridescent Glitter


Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace