Thursday, December 4, 2014

Three Tags Are We!

Hello! I've been making lots of Christmas things lately.So many other crafters have inspired me by creating beautiful Christmas cards, tags and gifts! I hope I can provide some inspiration in return. Today's project is three small gift tags that I had a ball making. 

All the tags were cut on my Explore with the Cricut Design Space program. The characters are files from PPbN Designs and I used the Print Then Cut feature. If some of you are wondering about the new Cricut Explore, I can say that it does a fantastic job at print then cut. This machine allows you to print graphics on your printer and then it will cut them out for you so you have a perfect shape. It's so easy with the Explore. If you are thinking about getting one, I totally recommend it! Now on to the tags.

Santa here was made in several parts. I embossed the snowflake paper and pounced the embossing with silver ink. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out by hand. All of the tags have a tinsel pom-pom. Here it's on his hat in white and silver. Santa is on one layer of foam tape. He's so cute, I want to give him a squeeze.
Mr. Owl here is also pretty darn cute! I inked the pieces on this one with Tea Dye distress ink from Tim Holtz. I use that stuff a lot! I know others do too. It's so versatile, I only own that one color. Maybe he did too well designing that color...hmmm?? Anyway, his green tinsel pom-pom is also on his hat.
My hands-down favorite of the three is the baby Penguin masquerading as a reindeer. I embossed and inked his background the same way as I did on the Santa tag. Love his red tinsel pom-pom nose!
Well as much fun as Christmas crafting is, I'm actually getting a little tired of it so I'm going to take a break for a little bit. I have a couple birthday cards and a scrapbook page to share with you for the next few posts.

Thanks for looking and reading. I appreciate that you spend a few minutes of your precious time with me. I love comments so please let me know if you like this by telling me or clicking the like button on the blog or in Facebook. Thank you!

CHALLENGES:
CardzTV-Tag You're It-Entry #4-Ends 12/11/14
DL Art-December Linky Challenge-Entry #39-Ends 12/31/14
Robyn's Fetish Challenge-Anything Goes-Entry #92-Ends 12/6/14
Hiding In My Craft Room-Anything Goes-Entry #95-Ends 12/6/14
Love To Create Challenge-Shapes-Entry #19-Ends 12/7/14
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge-Entry #74-Ends 12/31/14
Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party-Entry #125-Ends 12/21/14
Word Art Wednesday-Entry#30-Anything Goes-Ends 12/9/14

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace