Birthday Bear!

Happy New Year! Wow! It's amazing that it's 2015. Did you know that this is the year that the movie Back to the Future was set in?? The future is now!


Before I get into my project today, I just want to point out that I have revamped my blog theme over the holiday. I hope you like it as much as I do! I'll be updating my Facebook page to match over the next week or two. I'm looking forward to a fresh look as the New Year begins and I'm excited about what 2015 will bring! One of my plans is to open an on-line shop which will allow me to sell some of my projects or provide custom orders. Likely I will open an Etsy shop and possibly also add a shop on the Facebook page. I will let you know as I move forward with any of the plans running around in my head. 


Now for today's project. This is made with something new (the cloud embossing folder for the mat) and something old (the sequins on his hat). I cut the shapes for these cards on my Silhouette Portrait. I made a birthday party invitation and a matching thank you card. They were made with no one in mind although I did use my cute little granddaughter's name on it. It is a practice run and one of the sets I'll likely put in the shop if I ever get that far. This was a lot of fun to do. They are 4.25" x 5.5" and use an image from PPbN designs. Although it doesn't show up that well, the blue plaid mat has been embossed with a cloud background.The balloon string is embroidery thread and the enamel dots in the corner are from the Candy Shoppe by Queen & Co. I pick these up at AC Moore. You can get them in many colors and 24 of varying sizes come on a card for $1. Not bad for enamel dots, especially when you can use a % of regular price coupon that is fairly regularly offered.

You know, sometimes the things I'm working on start speaking to me (and it doesn't always happen at midnight when I can't see straight and begin to hallucinate)! This little bear was begging me for googly eyes so I had to make him happy. Who am I to deny what the bear wants?! Ha, ha! The sequins on the top of his hat came from my husband's Grandmother Rose's large sequin stash that I was lucky enough to get after she passed on many years ago. It's gratifying to use her sequins on projects and I've been using them a lot lately! There are many unusual shapes and sizes which have been a lot of fun to put to use. I know she'd be happy about that. 

Well, thanks for stopping by and we'll see you again soon. Until then, happy crafting!

- Janet

CONTEST ENTRIES:

No comments