Tea Time Birthday Box Card

Hello friends. There's a lot of trendy things going on in the card crafting world and box cards are definitely one of the hottest. This project is a really clever box card from SVGCuts called simply, Box Cards. It has 5 different cards in the set and they are all super creative and fun. One of the neat things about box cards besides the fantastic 3D dimension they provide is that they collapse and fold flat for mailing.

SVGCuts sells the set and you can cut out the pieces using any electronic die cut machine that can interpret .svg files. I chose to use my Silhouette Portrait machine to import the card pieces and cut them. I saved some assembly time by tracing, printing, and then cutting the tea pot, cups, serving tray and flower vase that's included in the set as printable elements. I decided to cut out individual flowers out of cream pearlized card stock and used pastel chalks to color the flowers light purple, blue and pink. I layered these above the flower vase to give the flowers a more realistic feeling. The card base is a peach card stock. I used more pearlized cream paper as panels on the the exterior but I embossed them before gluing them to the base to give added dimension. Embossing folders are the bomb! You can get so much more mileage out of plain card stock and the embossing can add a lot to the mood of a project.
For a little bling, I added mini metallic sequins on the flower centers. On the exterior flaps, I used a mini floral patterned paper. I inked the edges of these and the sentiment with some distress ink before I glued them in place. Here I added chocolate sequins with green metallic mini flower sequins to each pearlized cream flower. As a final touch, I added two bright gold holographic butterfly sequins to the sentiment. All in all, this went together quickly and turned out great!
Thanks for spending some time with me. Next up will be a shaker card that I had a lot of fun creating. Until next time, happy crafting!
-Janet

Contest Entries:
Craftin Desert Divas #47
DL Art January Linky Challenge
Cute Card Thursday #358
Cardz TV 3D Challenge
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

No comments