Love Card - Hip Kit Club

Hello everyone! Wow! It's been a while since I posted. It's been pretty busy in my world lately and before I knew it, more than a week had passed since my last entry. I have been crafting and making a few cards just the same but just didn't get around to sharing anything. Hopefully I'll be back to my normal posting activity now.

Today's project is another card. Valentine's Day is coming and this is a card you could give to anyone you love. This collage-style card is stepping a little bit out of my typical style but I was inspired by all the goodies that came in my January Hip Kit Scrap Booking kit. It all matches and because of that it went together really easily and looks great without it being too much.

I started with a white card stock base and added two papers from the kit club. The tag was plain except for the saying on it so I embellished it with a puffy butterfly, heart and pink border. The flower is an acetate graphic which I really like using instead of a sticker for a change.
The dream word was in the kit in plain white. I had a lot of fun adding the coloring to it. I just dabbed green, pink and red stamp pads on my craft mat, spritzed it with some water and then I dipped the word in it. The result is a random but pretty marble effect. After that dried, I applied Glossy Accents to it which when dry, gives a shiny acrylic finish that is thick and accentuates the colors underneath even more. I was really happy with how that turned out. I'm definitely going to use that technique more often and may post a how-to on it at a later time.
There are a few things on this card that didn't come with the kit. They are the large flower, the pink velvet ribbon and charm and the pearl flourish. I've had those things in my stash for a long time so it was great to find that they matched the colors of the Hip Kit items so well.

I hope you enjoyed this card and that it inspires you to try some cards of your own. Until next time, happy crafting!

-   Janet

No comments