Sweetheart Cafe Box

Hope the week is treating you well. It's hump day so let's give a woot! woot! Tonight's project is a cute little valentine box. The finished box measures 7" high x 6.5" wide. It's the perfect size for something special for that special someone!


This was cut using a variety of Cricut cartridges on my Explore. To start I chose a box from the Sweet Tooth Box cartridge called House Box. I cut this as large as it would fit on my 12 x 12 mat in pink card stock and the roof in a coordinated patterned card stock. Included with this cut are window frames, window boxes and bushes for the front and sides. I chose not to cut the actual windows from the box but I glued paper behind the window frames to give the illusion windows. This way, the box doesn't lose it's strength. I measured the front wall of the box and cut a coordinating pink polka dot rectangle to fit. I embossed this before I glued it to the front.

The table and the couple are cut from the Sweethearts cartridge. It's called Date Night. The cute little topiary trees are from the Bloom Lite cartridge. It's called Tree3. I cut the frame and tag from the Artiste Cartridge.

Once the cuts were done, I finished assembling the box and decorated it. The pink flowers on the trees are Tulip beads in a bottle. The sentiment and hearts on the roof are from Close To My Heart - Mad About You - S1112. I embossed the sentiment with ZING red glitter embossing powder and stamped and cut out 8 hearts from the stamp set and glued them overlapping on the roof. This was easy because the hearts were shapes included in the Artiste cartridge. Pink velvet ribbon is glued to the roof which helps with the canopy illusion.

This one turned out real cute! If you have any questions on how to make it, I'm happy to answer them.

By the way, I've had a number of new subscribers this month and I thank all of you! It's so exciting to see readership increase. Make sure you comment on the Blog Candy page so I can put you into the drawing at the end of February. Go here to enter your name for the $20 Amazon gift card. If someone subscribes that you referred to me and mentions your name, you'll get two extra entries so please send you friends my way.

Thanks and until next time.....happy crafting!

- Janet

No comments