You Make Me So Happy Card

Happy weekend! I hope you had a great week. The weather has been super nice here in the middle 60's to low 70's most days. The bad news is that the pollen is crazy and most people are sneezing, blowing their noses and dealing with sore throats, me included! Crazily, it might actually snow on Sunday morning but if it does, it's not going to last the day. It'll be pretty though. We'll see what happens. I need to figure out a way to cover my flower boxes because the pansies are beyond gorgeous right now and I don't want freezing temps to set them back.

Today's project is a cheerful card that could be given for several different occasions. It could easily be a thank you card, a love note to a spouse or child or even as a note of encouragement. I found myself calling this my raspberry sorbet card. It's so bright and cheerful, I dare you not to smile!


This is an A2 sized card and I used the Avery Elle steel die set called Custom Panels. The happy sentiment is from the Hero Arts Stamp & Cuts set. Both sets are versatile and in the video I walk you through the many pieces and what they could be used for. You'll also find an easy hint on how to get your paper to come out of detailed dies easily instead of sticking like they naturally tend to do.


The typewriter resist background was heat embossed and then I applied ink heavy at the bottom of the card and worked it up lighter and lighter to the top. This created an ombre effect that makes the card really work. I applied the angled vellum panel to the bottom corner and used the sentiment tag to secure it so it stays in place but doesn't show glue anywhere. Finally the glitter confetti pieces balance the whole card out and gives it a little pop.

To learn how to make this card, click on the video below:


CARD RECIPE:
A2 White cardstock card base
Card first layer - 4.25" x 5.5" from Colorbok Brights Photo Mats stack
Happy sentiment from the Hero Arts Stamp and Cuts Set - Colorbok Brights Photo Mats stack
Pink and white resist stamped background - 4" x 5.25"
Light pink vellum scrap cut with the angled Avery Elle Custom Panels die - approx. 3.5" x 4"
Circles and geometric confetti cut with DCWV Glitter Card stack in pink, yellow and blue/green
Blue enamel dots from my stash
Background stamp - Typewriter Background from Stamabilities
Momento Ink - Love Letter
Clear embossing powder for the typewriter background - StampnStuff from Stampendous
Black embossing powder for the sentiment - Zing in black opaque

I'm pleased to enter my card in these challenges. Visit them for more inspiration: Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge-Make Your Own Background...Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes Challenge March...Cardztv-Anything Goes...Jo's Scrapshack #179 - Anything Goes With Kenny K Stamps...Hiding In My Craftroom #292 - Super Scraps Saturday

No comments