Lady Bug Mini Album


Ah, the lazy days of summer! Well, actually that's rarely the case because summer is usually full of activity, trips and camps. This year is a bit different and to celebrate that, I thought it would be fun to create a quick little album to store some of our summer fun memories made a little closer to home.
I pulled out some of my Pop Tone card stock for this project. The colors and weight are perfect for it. I chose Black Licorice and Wild Cherry. You can get this in a couple weights but I used the 100 lb weight as it's more sturdy and great for anything that will get a lot of use. I used a lighter 65 lb weight in Pop Tones Sweet Tooth for the inside pages. Let me stop a second to ask if this making you crave something sweet? The color names are all scrumptious sounding in this line!
This album is a cut pattern from MyScrapChick called Ladybug Critter Book and I cut the pieces with my Cricut Explore but it comes in many file types for lots of different cutters. There's even a .pdf file designed so you can cut the pieces out with a scissor if you don't have a machine.



To begin, I cut all the black pieces out of the Black Licorice cardstock twice. Even though the cardstock is a very heavy 100# weight, I know these parts will get the most use so I made them extra strong by gluing two layers together for each piece. I used the 100 lb gsm setting on my Explore and it cut it perfectly.



Then I cut and glued the red pieces on the body and completed the sweet face. I used a piece of Stardream Metallic Rose Quartz for the nose and stained the edges of the nose and the cheeks with a Copic marker. The mouth and eyelashes were hand drawn with a Micron Black Pigma Drawing Pen. Last but not least, a couple of googly eyes makes her face complete. I lifted the face up a little using foam tape for more dimension. I used a bit of white gel pen to make a few highlights too.

The album pages are cut in sets of 2 pages that are then joined together with glue to create a multi-page accordion style interior.
Here they are all glued together and ready to mount inside the album.



This photo shows how I glued the album pages to the interior cover. After that was secure, I attached the other cover to complete the album. I did trim the album pages a little bit so that no white would show from the front before I mounted them in the book.



This album is super sweet and very quick to make. One thing that's really nice is that you can put as many pages in it as you like.




Thanks for taking a few minutes with us today. Please make sure you check out CutCardstock's store for all their Pop Tone cardstock and envelope options. They are rich and high quality and if you use steel rule dies or electronic cutters, you'll find it cuts and embosses beautifully! It's even on sale this month too so how can you go wrong? Have a great day!

Janet

No comments