Rainbow Stripe COVID Card


What could be more cute than a little bear with a face mask? I ask you? I'm here for CutCardStock today. My card is clean and simple and relies on pretty paper colors to send a message of hope, love and good cheer. Nothing can do this more easily than by picking from a variety of colors available at CutCardStock in the Pop Tone line.

On this card I've used six different Pop Tone Colors. The card base and mat panel are Pop Tone Sweet Tooth. Additionally, I cut 1/2" strips in these Pop Tone Cardstocks: Grape Jelly, Limeade, Wild Cherry, Tangy Orange and Banana Split. Yum! I always get so hungry for something sweet when I'm working with this line. But in all seriousness, the colors in this cardstock are lush and they are solid core which makes them a breeze to work with.


Next I cut a card panel 4" x 5.25" and marked each side with pencil ticks so I would have a guide to place my strips and keep them straight with the same amount of space between them. I began by marking 3/8" from the top and then I made a mark at the next 1/2", then at 1/4" and again at 1/2." I repeated the 1/4" and 1/2" tick marks all the way to the bottom where 3/8" should be left when you're done. That done, I could glue the strips to my card panel and trim the edges to match the panel. I never know exactly what colors should go next to each other so here's a tip, look at a color wheel and follow the colors in order shown. This will be most natural and pleasing to the eye and it's the order I used here. My favorite color is purple so I used Pop Tones Grape Jelly at both the top and bottom of the panel which also balances it.


My next step was to cut the bear from a CottageCutz die called Bear Patient. I used Stardream Metallic Copper and Curious Metallic Champagne. I used Stardream Metallic Rose Quartz for the mask. The bear looks fantastic in this color scheme and adds a nice pop of shine. I also used another CottageCutz die called Sending Hugs Bear for the sentiment which I cut 4 times and layered together in Limeade. I used a piece of white fun foam and glued it to the back of the panel to gift some lift when it was glued to the card base. Also at this time, I punched out two lace borders in Banana Split and glued them at the top and bottom of the panel.


I popped my bear up with some foam tape and then placed daisies next to her feet. I used some striped pearl bling in the center of the flowers for an additional pop of dimension and shine. I also used two tiny black gems for the bear's eyes
.

I love how how happy these lively colors make me and I hope this makes you feel a little bit happier too. Want to know what else makes me a happy? A sale! Head on over to CutCardStock and pick up some yummy Pop Tones Cardstock while it's on sale. Today is the last day so don't lose out! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Janet

No comments