Ah! The Beach Life!

 


Hello my crafty friends! Today I have a little trip to the beach for you. 

I started by going into Cricut Design space. As I often do, I start by creating a shape that represents the card front size I'm going to work on. In this case, it is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" rectange. I use this to guage the sizes I will need for the Cricut elements I choose to use for my card.

I looked for a print-then-cut beach scene. There are several to choose from but this one is what I chose to work with. It's image #MB9029A1. It's a rectangle shape so I printed and then cut it with my machine. I then used a die to cut it with a nested die in the shape you see. I used two more of the dies to create two more mats in gray and in the woodgrain paper.

I used several brad sets from Eyelet Outlet to decorate this card. Included are the Crab & Lobster Set, the Sandcastle Brad, Beach Umbrella, Sunglasses-Color, Seagull Set and the starfish and sand dollar are from the Seashore Set. Brads are such a quick and easy way to embellish your cards with cute accents or to build a scene like I did here. Once the brads were set, I glued the image and mats onto a Stardream Metallic A6 card base. 

Well, I hope you enjoyed our little trip to this beautiful beach. Have a great day!

Janet  

No comments