Watercolored Fall Flower Shaker

 

What is the best thing about fall? The colors of course! I love the golds, dark reds, eggplant purples and greens of the fall season. How about you? Today’s card let me indulge in my favorite color combos of the season.

One of my go-to cardstocks from CutCardStock is Curious Metallic Cryogen White. It is a sturdy cardstock with a pearlized white finish. The finish is subtle but adds a beautiful metallic sheen to anything made with it. It’s also very versatile. You can stamp it and use alchohol inks on it. This is what I chose to use as my base card in today’s project.

After cutting and folding a piece sized at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2,” I set about stamping the front with two flower stamps. I used Distress Oxide inks. You might notice that I smeared a couple of images (I can never wait for ink to dry!) but the good news is that it cleaned up beautifully with a sand eraser. Extra bonus with this cardstock! I love something that’s forgiving.

Next I stamped and watercolored a small flower box full of fall colored flowers using water based markers for ink. All the stamped images were softened with a damp brush to create a faux watercolor painting. After it dried, I cut it out using an oval die.

I cut a frame to fit the watercolored piece in Mars Stardream Metallic card stock. I glued a matching acetate oval to form the window and then I used Darice Double-Sided Foam Strips to form a well on the backside of the frame. I could then add various shaker bits and secure the windowed frame to the card to create a fun shaker element.

Then I added the finishing touches – flat finish enamel dots, clear sequins and a multi-looped bow.

I hope you enjoyed learning how I created today’s card. Be sure to check out Cutcardstock’s Curious Metallic cardstock line. It’s awesome!

Have a great day!

Janet

No comments