It's Fiesta Time!

 

Are you thinking like I am that school is starting and summer is almost gone? I know I am. I refuse to give it all up just yet though and today’s card is my way of just saying no!

This fun fiesta party card was completed entirely out of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock from CutCardStock. It is a staple for alchohol ink coloring. Here, I cut a card base of 4 x 5 1/2 that folds on the left. I started by stamping the margarita and colored it with Copic markers. The cocktail is a stamp and die set from Crafter’s Companion. Glass is tricky and it’s something I keep practicing to do better with limited success. I tackled this one using cool gray colors rather than the light blue colors that are often used. I did put a light blue color on the stem but I used that to mute the green I would put on top later.

Then I moved on to the drink, making sure I left the reflection I had penciled in on image as shown above. I put a shadow of the green from the drink on the stem using YG03.

Next it was time to color the fruit slice and blend out the reflection lines

Then I completed the mint leaves and put a light coating of green on the slice section that is in the glass and drink.

I’m always looking for a way to add some sparkle so I used dry clear glue and Diamond Dust to make a rim of salt and a dusting of salt on the citrus slice. I love how it turned out! This is a close up of the finished drink with the “salt” after the glue dried.

I used the matching half die and cut the glass out on the right side so that the green cardstock I used inside would peak through to the front when folded in half.

I wanted a fun background on this card so I used the Fresh Citrus Hero Arts background stamp and heat embossed the citrus pattern. In order to do that, I cut a mask to put over the drink and glass so that none of the background would imprint on it. I also heat embossed the sentiment. In person the word Fiesta has a chabby chic look. The photo doesn’t do it justice.

Next I worked on the other elements of the card and placed them on the front along with an orange mix of sequins. The mouse, banner and sentiments are from the April 2018 Hero Arts Kit.

The dress was colored with BG78, BG49, BG05 and B000. The colors are used also in the flowers and banner adding BG15, RV00, RV09. YG25 and Y35 for additional accent colors.

I hope I’ve inspired you to not give up on summer yet. Get out your colors, some great Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and color away!

Have a great day!

Janet

No comments