Happy Cards-Featuring Resist Coloring and Cricut Explore



Happy Saturday everyone! This week's video shows you how to create the Happy die cut shown on a set of six cards I made as a gift. It's easy to manipulate stock images in Cricut Design space into something entirely different. The image I started with actually looked like this.

These cards are A2 size, 4.25" x 5.5". The background was created by stamping a background with Versamark ink and heat embossing it with clear embossing powder. Momento ink was then applied heavier at one end, gradually lightening to white at the top. The embossing resists the ink and reveals the background stamp while showing off an ombre effect. Easy! Just apply the ink with a sponge and lighten the amount used as you go from the bottom to the top.



The next step is to cut the Happy phrase in Design space (after manipulating the Happy Birthday phrase to the shape shown in the project). I used various words in the rectangle part of the die cut so that they read, Happy Birthday, Happy Thoughts, So Happy Together, Happy Dance, Happy for You and Happy Thoughts.

To finish each card, I applied the die cut, added a cork heart and a red embroidery thread bow. I actually made two of each card and made two sets of 6 cards to give as gifts. 







Thanks for joining me today. I'll see you again on Wednesday when it's my turn to post for CottageCutz. I've got a super cute card with a camping theme for you!

Supplies used for this project:
Hero Arts Stamp & Cuts Set called Happy Stamp & Cut
Various Memento ink pads
White card stock to form the card base and card mat
Background Stamps: 
Rubbernecker Stamps - Victorian Diamond Panel
Stampabilities Wood Stamp - Typewriter Background

No comments