Honoring Grandma

Hello! I'm posting today for the blog Bitten By the Bug 2. The challenge for the next two weeks is to make a project honoring grandparents or grandchildren.

I chose to make this layered 5 x 7 flowered card using the Anna's Lovely Layer's 2 cartridge I picked up a long time ago at Tuesday Morning. I think this is the first time I've used this cartridge and I will definitely try it again soon. It's really easy to make very beautiful cards using Anna's designs.


The Sentiment is written with the We R Memory Makers Foil Quill using the wide nib and foil from Couture Creations. The mat was a scalloped tag that I altered into a sentiment mat. I cut off the top of the tag in Design Space copied it, rotated it so the scallop was also at the top and them merged the two pieces together so that both the top and the bottom of the mat was scalloped. I put the sentiment piece on foam tap before putting it on the green patterned background. The bow was gifted to me by a subscriber and looks just fabulous on this card!

I love the envelope file that came with this card as well. The flap is a separate piece from the rest of the envelope so it's really easy to pick a contrasting piece of cardstock. I chose the same green patterned paper I had used on my card to tie it all together. The finished card is soothing and pretty.

Thanks for joining me today! I hope you'll head over to the BBTB2 challenge blog and post a project having to do with grandparents. Just follow the theme and be sure to use your Cricut machine to create at least one element of the project.

Hugs,
Janet

4 comments

  1. This really came together so beautifully to make a lovely card! I love all the pretty colors and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, so so pretty. the foil touches are amazing.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. It almost looks like colored pencils. Love your combo.

    ReplyDelete