Thanks a Melon!



Hello my crafty friends! I am sorry it's been so long since I last posted. August was a busy month! I spent the first half on a wonderful trip with my family. We visited Belgium, Germany, Austria and Slovenia. Once we returned, there was a lot to do to catch up at work, home and with friends. 

Today I'm posting a card for the Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge blog. The theme is Get Outside! Outdoor events: BBQ, Picnic, Fireworks, Sports, Hiking or Camping. It's so much fun!

My card is a fun card to thank someone special in a punny way. Isn't this little penguin just the cutest?! This pattern comes from one of my favorite .svg companies, MyScrapChic. This pattern is appropriately called, Thanks a Melon.

This is a simple file to cut and put together. To create some shine, I decided to use Nuovo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black to create the melon seeds. I also cut the melon word in red cardstock, applied glitter to it and covered it with Glossy Accents. After using white gel pen on the sun glasses lenses, I applied Glossy Accents to it as well. White gel pen was also used to accent the watermelon, the penguin's feet and hat. Dry embossing the grass to add some texture finished this cutie up.



Thanks for visiting today. I encourage you to visit the BBTB2 challenge blog and post your own card. The only requirement is that you follow the theme and use your Cricut for some part of the project.

Have a great Labor Day and I'll see you soon!

Janet

3 comments

  1. This card is so cute and sure to bring a smile. I love all the fun details to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandson loves watermelon and he would love this card as much as I do. How fun is this? great embellishing - it really adds a great touch to your artwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I love this cool penguin and all the shine/sparkle on the card!!

    ReplyDelete