Quick Treat Box - 1 Sheet of Cardstock and Minimal Gluing!


Hi Everyone! I guess it's October but you sure wouldn't know it by the weather here in the Charlotte area. We had yet another 90+ degree day here. It's something like the 9th day in a row! Ugh!

Today I'm posting a treat box for the Bitten By The Bug 2 Challenge Blog. The two week challenge is to make something that includes crows, scarecrows or sunflowers and is made at least in part with your Cricut machine.

Since Halloween is fast approaching, I've been making some treat boxes and this one is a lot of fun and really fast to make. The box is cut from one 12 x 12 sheet and requires just a tiny bit of gluing on the side to hold it together. My kind of box! It stands 4 3/4" tall and is 3 3/4" wide. The Happy Halloween label is just 2" x 2 1/2" and can be cut from scraps. The orange glitter cardstock includes 4 pieces that are glued in place to make the sign. These are matted on a piece of black cardstock. Putting it together really takes no time at all, start to finish.

The cuts are all part of the Cricut Access Subscription. These are the designs:
Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2: Gable Box Square, #M4718E
Elegant Edges: Square Bird Frame, #M41DEC
Creepy Critters: Happy Halloween Wall Art, #M79E90A1

Here's a video showing how to design the box all the way through putting it together. If the video thumbnail doesn't work, use this link: Treat Box Tutorial


I cut the box from a 12 x 12 pad I got at Tuesday Morning recently. It's DCWV and called Dark Fairytale. I love the dark and bare tree pattern in the page I chose to use. Perfect for a crow to hang out in! The orange glitter card stock is cut from a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" pad of DCWV cardstock called The Glitter Cardstock Matstack. To finish the box off, I tied a neon green grossgrain ribbon at the top from the Dollar Tree. It adds just enough of something extra to the box. If you make this one up, I know the compliments will be coming your way!

I hope you like my project today. Head over to the BBTB2 blog to enter your own project featuring crows, scarecrows or sunflowers.

Have a great week!

Janet

5 comments

  1. awesome and quick project! love that it takes one sheet and minimum effort while being still so cute and intricate! Of course your perfect touches like the ribbon and choice of paper really make the project!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and festive box. The bow really adds pizzaz, for sure. I really like how you placed the bow. I would not have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super project. I’ll get to your video shortly. You have some great ideas and projects. Who’s ready for Halloween? You are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Glad you like my projects. I really appreciate you commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. Great little treat box. These are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete