Using Large Letters & Patterns as Focal Points in Cardmaking

I love card making but it's not always easy to find the time to make them. This is why I use beautiful cardstocks and patterns to do the hard work. Such is the case with my card today.

Card Construction

It started with a beautiful background die called Symmetry in Motion from Spellbinders. I chose to use the die with a gorgeous Mirri Sparkle Pink Sapphire glitter cardstock. I cut a piece of ombre cardstock from the Vicki Bouton Let's Wander collection. It was placed it behind the die cut. This ombre cardstock was cut 6" x 4 1/2. which is the same size as the card base is. The placement of the die cut at the bottom left a space at the top. It left a perfect space for an ombre organza ribbon into a bow.


Next, I used the Block Letter alphabet dies from Art Impressions. The letters are  1 1/4" tall and are great to use as a focal point. I cut the word S-P-R-I-N-G from Silk Glitter Sparkling Water Aqua cardstock. Foam tape secures them on the panel. I cut a piece 9" x 6" in Astrobright Lunar blue. It's folded it in half to make a 4 1/2" x 6" card base. Wet glue attaches the decorated panel to the front of the card base.

The two glitter cardstocks are the stars of the show on this card. It needs little more. All I did to finish the card was add the Tim Holtz label sentiment Hello and a sprinkling of sequins. 

The End Result

It's easy to forget how important cardstock is in the quality and appearance of our cards. Additionally, a great design is not enough. The reality is that without great cardstock like the beautiful glitter cardstocks from CutCardStock, our cards just don't have as professional of a look and feel. With quality cardstocks, your recipients know they have a quality piece of art in their hands. CutCardStock has you covered at reasonable prices for some of the best cardstock you can find in the market. I hope you'll visit the online store. Try some of their cardstock and see if you agree that it improves your cards.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back on Saturday!

 Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

I'm proud to enter the following card challenge:

1 comment

  1. This is a really fab take on our challenge theme! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete