Rockin' Oldies with Art Impressions New Release!

 

Hello my clever crafty friends!

It's time for a new Ai release!  Today I'm going to share two cards created with the fun new Laughlines Sets! These sets include either a lady or gentleman enjoying their favorite chairs. These come with a lady or gentleman and loads of punny sentiments to go with them.

The first set is called Rock On. I chose to use the sentiment, "Happy Birthday Rock On!" There are so many to choose from, it's almost hard to pick one. I made this card interactive. When the tab is pulled, the rocker actually rocks! It's a cool way to use this set.


As usual, I've made a video showing how this card is made. Check it out below.

I made another card with the new Laughlines set called, "Sit Back." This one features a gentleman enjoying his favorite recliner. I colored the recliner to resemble my Grandfather's brown and gold plaid one that my Grandfather loved. It was really fun to travel down memory lane when I made this one.


After coloring and fussy cutting the image, I cut the card pieces out of the same stamp pad. I love combining patterns and colors and using papers from one pad assures that the colors and tones work well together. I used the Ai Circle Double Stitched for the circles that provide a landing place for the man in his recliner. I also stamped the Recliner King sentiment from the Sit Back set.

After placing the background paper and circle mats on the card, I cut out the sentiment and a scalloped mat for it.


I wrapped strands of gray floss at the top of the card panel and attached the sentiment in the middle. Then I glued this panel on to a gray A2 card base. 


If these two new releases were not enough, there is a new Gift Card Holder set celebrating birthdays this week. Here are two examples of what I made with this fun new Birthday Cake Gift Card Holder! The center gift card uses all the dies. You can see all the options available to decorate the cake. The other two were made by manipulating the dies to create shaker versions of the cake. I love how dimensional and colorful these turned out. Check back on Saturday when I'll show you how I made the shaker cakes for even more ways to use this set. Just remember that this set is designed to be used with the Envelope Gift Card Holder Die Set, sold separately.

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a look at the new Laughline Sets and Birthday Cake Gift Card die set. 

Happy Creating!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments