Cloudy With a Chance Of...Cheery Umbrellas!

  

Today I have a card using a variety of techniques and Art Impressions and Eyelet Outlet products to create this fun Windows to the World Scene. I am playing along with the current AI challenge on the blog. The challenge is to make anything with clouds on it. 

The stamp set with all the colorful umbrellas is from the Windows to the World series called Walking in the Rain. I colored it with Tombow Dual Brush Markers and a damp brush. 

After finishing the image, I worked on the card panel. I cut a 4 1/2" square piece of Curious Metallic Cryogen White cardstock and used a cloud stencil and Distress Oxide inks in Tumbled Glass and Chipped Sapphire. I layered the colors together so they were darkest at the bottom as if they were heavy with rain. I added dragonfly brads from Eyelet Outlet on the panel because they harbor good luck in my life and they matched my color scheme. 

The 3D window was created by using the Shadow Box Window Die Set. The dies cut the square for the window, a pretty window frame, a perfect little flower box and the shadow box piece to put behind the window. I love how this set makes the Windows to the World stamp set even more interesting.

The flowers for the box were stamped with the leaf spray in the Foliage Set #4051 with Tombow markers. I added blue, red and yellow dots to represent flowers. I smudged everything up a little with a damp brush. After stamping them, I fussy cut them out so they could be placed on top of the flower box.

I glued my colored umbrella image to the shadow box piece. Before I attached it to the card panel, I added some blue tear drop bling from Eyelet Outlet to represent rain drops. I also put some on the front of the card panel.

I mounted the finished white panel and shadow box on a Curious Metallic Electric Blue cardstock measuring 4 3/4" square. Finally I mounted both panels to a 5 1/2" square top fold card base in the same metallic white cardstock as the main panel. 

One thing to point out is that the shadow box piece does need room to pop behind the front of the card so I cut a square that was larger than the shadow box piece in the center of each layered panel and the base card before putting them together using the Double Stitched Square die set. This makes plenty of room for the shadowbox to pop out behind the window die cut when displayed.

Hope you enjoy this little rainy day card. Won't you create something with a cloud or two and post it on the AI Challenge at their blog. Once there, search for Cloudy with a chance challenge. I look forward to seeing your work!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments