Going Batty for Halloween!

 

Hello crafty friends! Today I've got a pair of hauntingly cute Halloween cards. These are made with images and sentiments from the Art Impressions Happy Haunting set #4940. These cards are my interpretation for the Going Batty Challenge that just started this past Thursday.

Both cards are set at night. The first one I worked on was the A2 card using the happy little critters that are enjoying their costumes and treats. I colored the characters with Copic markers and then fussy cut them out very close to the stamp border. I inked up a bright yellow piece of cardstock with Distress Oxide different purple and black inks. Before doing so, I used a cut circle from the Ai Circle Double Stitched Die Set for a moon mask. Once inked, I splattered the panel with water and then with a white iridescent spray. After drying, I stamped the tops of two trees in the set around the top of the moon. I added bat images using the included stamp. Some orange inking was done on the yellow moon. Additional white dots were added with a gel pen. The sentiment was heat embossed on velum and sequins were used to hide the glue holding it in place. Finally, I added the critters across the front of the moon. These characters look like they are having the best time on Halloween night!

To begin the second night scene, I used my Silhouette machine to cut a file from Paige Evans to get a whole background of bats. I put black glitter cardstock behind the background so they would show up well. The background was done in light gray cardstock. I sprayed it with both white and green iridescent sprays. While that dried, I colored the owls and fussy cut them out. A large circle die cut was cut from yellow cardstock and the edge was trimmed to be flush with the bat panel. The tops of the trees were again stamped to create the branch background for the owls. The edges of the bat panel were darkened using distress oxide ink. The owls were nestled in the branches and I stamped the bat in the background. The sentiment is heat embossed in an eggplant color. A few sequins finished up this card nicely. I love how one of the owls are staring down at the spider below them. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing my take on these night scene cards that are spooky but not scary. Please link up your project for our Art Impressions Going Batty Challenge. It can be any Halloween crafty project and it's not limited to cards. You can win up to three stamp sets of your choice!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments