Cool As a Cumber Workout Gal

  

Happy Saturday everyone! Today is day 3 of the Shimmy and Shake Challenge over at the Art Impressions Blog. This challenge is right up my alley. I love making interactive cards. Today I used a Wheelie set 5095 - Workout Gal. Isn't she as cool as a cumber? I love that she's drinking wine instead of water and that she's all glammed up instead of sweated up. Wish all of us could look that good when we're getting in shape!

There are 4 Wheelie cards in the line and you can find them in the store here. They all work identically. They use a mechanism that turns using a tab which moves the character's leg around the wheel of a bike. The turn mechanism goes inside the card and is made of cardstock so it lays flat when the card is closed. It's genius! The inside of my card with the mechanism is shown below.
 

To make this one, I stamped the image on to a piece of alcohol ink friendly cardstock with Memento Black Tuxedo ink and then cut it out using the second largest Rectangle A2 Double Stitched die. I used the largest die in the set to cut a coordinating piece of patterned paper for the mat and set it aside. Separately I stamped the leg pieces, tire, mechanism circle and the hand weight. I also cut the tab for the mechanism using the included die. 

I colored this image with Copic markers. The set comes with the weight so I used it to accent the included sentiment. I stamped it on rose colored shimmer metallic cardstock and then cut it using a flag from the Flag Double Stitched Dies. I do like using coated cardstocks but just remember that you need to use a permanent ink such as StayzOn unless you can let it dry for several hours. I don't have the patience for that so my go-to ink in this case is StazOn Jet Black ink. 

Next I followed the directions in the packaging to attach the leg pieces with brads. After that, I attached the two rectangles together and attached this to the card front being careful not to apply glue where the mechanism would be. This allows the brad attaching the leg to the body to be sandwiched between the image panel and the mat, hiding it from view. You do need to make sure you don't glue around that area and that your brad is loose enough to turn. I glued the mat and image to the front of  pale pink #110 cardstock. The last step is to die cut a circle in the middle of the tire and the card base. Then follow the instructions to connect the very simple mechanism. Test it out to make sure you can turn the mechanism and that the leg moves on the front of the card. Walla!

Copic Colors Used:
R20, R24, R29, R39, RV21
E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
C0, C1, C3, C5, C7



Thanks for stopping by today. Please join us in our new challenge. You might win some swag of your choice and challenge yourself with a new technique. Win, win! Click on the graphic above to link up your card.

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments