A Mini Garden Shed - It's a Beauty!

 


Hello friends!I hope you're weekend is off to a great start. The fabulous new releases continued this week over at Art Impressions with a round of brand new Matchbook cards. They've added a Halloween themed room, two Christmas scenes, an office scene and a garden scene. My card today features #5444 MB - Garden

These enticed me to take a little break from fall and Christmas and explore this fabulous garden shed.  It's a darling little world of flowers and pots you are likely to find in every garden shed throughout the world. The details of blossoms, herbs, garden gloves and even the peek of a watering can make this scene so much fun to create, give and receive!

To make this card, I stamped the images on marker friendly card stock. I chose many bright Copic marker colors and a few pastels. I really didn't think about what colors to use but just colored one stamp at a time working in sections. I chose the hues as my mood directed. I find coloring this way is the most relaxing. I just let go of the thinking part of my brain and allow my creative side to pick colors. Before I knew it, the images were all done and ready to cut out and put in the matchbook template (sold separately #5317). The template is the card base that the individual stamped images fit into. 

All the matchbook sets come with dies to match the stamps. I cut them the Flower Shop images, folded the tabs on each stamp and used the tabs to glue them into place in the matchbook base. When done, the stamps fold in so that you can close it up and give it to someone. For your convenience, there is an optional die for a matchbook envelope (#5318). Both the matchbook template and the envelope will work for all the matchbook scenes so you only need to buy them once.

I will mention that the Matchbook Templates are currently out of stock at the Ai Store. I checked several of their resellers and they're out of stock too. Obviously the matchbook cards are selling like hot cakes! If you are wanting to purchase the template, I advise you create an account on the Ai site and use the notification feature. That way you'll be emailed when they are back in stock and you can complete your order. You can also periodically check Simon Says Stamp, Scrapbook.com and Ellen Hutson. At this time they are also sold out but they might stock it sooner so it's good to keep an eye out. The pricing is the same no matter where you purchase them.  

I hope you enjoyed this fresh little matchbook card and will go check out the entire matchbook line. There are a lot of them now and there's definitely something for everyone. Have a wonderful creative weekend everyone! 

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments