So Cute Critters In a Wagon! Art Impressions New Release

Have you seen the new Halloween releases from Art Impressions yet? Oh my goodness! They are adorable! Today's project uses the new Halloween Slimline Set, the Slimline Dies Set and the Web Dies Set. These little trick or treaters are way too cute to spook!

I am so happy that Ai has added a slimline die set. This has 6 stacked dies. As a bonus, it includes a long flag die too. For today's card, I used the 3rd largest die for the main panel and stacked it on top of an orange panel cut with the 2nd largest die. I love the stitching and it matches all the other stitched die sets from Ai. 

I haven't done a construction video for a while but I have one today! Click on the thumbnail below to see how I created this card.

One of the great things about the new Halloween Slimline Set is that it comes with matching dies for every stamped image except for the skinny Halloween letters. However, I did notice that the flag in the Slimline Dies Set would cut that phrase out perfectly. 

I colored the images with Copic markers and then created a background panel using several Oxide inks in Forest Moss, Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch. I created the moon by cutting a mask with a die from the Round Double Stitched Die set. The negative of the cut was used like a stencil to fill in the moon with Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade. Then the circle itself was used as a mask to protect the moon while I blended the much darker sky around it.

Water and Dylusions Spray in White Linen was used on the inked panel before I arranged all the pieces on it. The critter wagon (as I like to call it) was mounted with double sided foam tape. I cut the webs out of black glitter cardstock and attached them and the other images to the panel with Art Glitter Glue. I have to say that I adore the hanging bat from the set. I think he could carry a card all by himself, he's so cute! He even has tiny little fangs. The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment Trick Or Treat on the bottom of the card using a phrase from the Halloween Critters Set.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope I've encouraged you to check out all the new releases from the past two weeks at the Ai store. There's more coming so keep your eyes and ears on! You're going to love the new designs. In the meantime, join us in the slimline card challenge going on now through Wednesday next week. You could win up to three sets of your choice!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments