Copic Markers on Kraft Card Stock - Sending Thanks

 

I don't know about you but I really love Kraft cardstock! It's so versatile and the soft neutral brown goes with every color and theme. It gives off a little rustic vibe but it can also be used on very sophisticated projects too. I personally like to use it when working with floral and greenery images and today's card is an example of that. You may not think of using Kraft cardstock for Copic coloring but it works nicely and it gives a richness to it.

A Kraft card stock that is super to work with is Royal Sundance Kraft Fiber card stock. The brown isn't too light or too dark. It is very smooth so it offers good blending when using Copic markers on it. You might be surprised how little ink soaks through to the other side too. I used a stamp set issued last fall as part of a kit for Simon Says Stamp. I stamped one half of a 4" x 8 1/4" Royal Sundance Kraft cardstock panel with the largest sunflower and greens stamp and then stamped the other side. There were only two little areas on each side I felt looked too open so I stamped a single leaf into those areas. The photo below shows how I laid the stamps out on the panel.

Before I started coloring, I used a Black #110 Copic marker to lay down a black area in the middle. This acts as a background for the large THANKS word in the set. Then I began by coloring the beautiful sunflowers, maple leaves and berries. I left a little uncolored area in each berry so I could add a white highlight later. You can find all the Copic marker colors I used for this card at the end of my post.

I really working on this background. The images are pretty simple and were easy to color nicely. You could further enhance these images with pencils if you wanted.

Once colored, it was time to use the large THANKS stamp. After stamping with Versamark, I used white embossing powder on the black background. Be sure that the Copic marker ink is dry before you attempt this. It has to be dry or the embossing powder will stick in areas you don't want it too. I added a sentiment strip word, "Sending" to the top of the THANKS. I mounted the panel on a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Pop Tones Black Licorice card stock. This helps break up the brown and it coordinates well with the black word background.

Here's a close up of the embossed word. I think this is a really fun technique to use on a busy background.

For final touches, I used a White Unibal Gel pen to put highlights in the sunflower middles. I also put white in the berries. Three sequins were added for a touch of bling. Complete!

COPIC MARKERS USE:

  • Sunflowers: E18, E15, Y35, YR14
  • Maple Leaves: E15, YR18
  • Leaves: G02, E15; YG63, YG25

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I hope this inspires you to get your floral stamps out and do some coloring on beautiful Kraft card stock. It's so perfect for the fall season. Visit CutCardStock to choose your crafty card stocks!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments