Loveable Little Critters

 

Hello and happy Valentine weekend! Today I'm celebrating by showing off two of the four adorable animals in the Loveable Animals set from Art Impressions. I usually prefer to use Copic markers for coloring but this time I decided to pull out my pencils and give it a whirl. One of the fun features of this set is that there are several items that you can color and put in the hands of the critters. I decided to give the fox a heart. The dies are all included in this set including the heart. I used my white Gelly Roll pen to draw stitch marks and the XOXO letters. I gave the cat a flower to hold.


These cards are small measuring 4 1/4" x 3" when folded. For the background of each I cut a 4" x 4" heart in half. I heat embossed the sentiments form the set using black embossing powder. 


To create the backgrounds, I put stacked two washi tapes together and placed them horizontally about an inch from the bottom. I glued half a heart on each one and then placed the animals using foam tape. I finished decorating the cards by gluing small red glitter hearts above the washi tape. I used the heart die again to cut one pink glitter heart for each card. Just like that, I had two cute little cards for Valentine's Day!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day on Monday!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments