Owl the Best Wishes on Your Birthday!

  

Hi crafty friends! Today I have a slimline card that combines several unrelated Ai sets to create a fun interactive birthday card. This card was made with the 5463-Slimline Dies Set, 5407-Birthday Cake Gift Card Holder Set, 4972-Owl Flutter Set and 5133-Flag Double Stitched Dies.  

The card base measures 8 1/2" by 3 1/2" when folded. On top of the base, I placed a matching cardstock piece cut with a Slimline Die. The next sized die in the set was used to cut the gray marbled mat. I placed the three layers of cake from the Birthday Cake GCH on the gray mat and then stamped, colored and cut out the adorable little owl from the Owl Flutter set on marker paper. I also cut a long pull tab out of rose gold metallic cardstock. I followed the easy Flutter Owl package directions to assemble the winged mechanism and tab and install it under the gray mat. Once done, I glued the gray base on top of the green matt being careful not to glue on or too closely around areas that move. Then I trimmed the tab to the right length and stamped it with a Pull Here stamp from my stash. 

The finishing touches were to stamp the sentiment from the Owl Flutter Set and cut it out with a flag from the Flag Double Stitched Dies set. I also cut three balloons with dies from my stash and arranged all the extra pieces on the card. 

Once complete, pulling and pushing the tab causes the owl's wings to move up and down. I really like how this looks like the owl is landing on top of the cake to wish the birthday recipient. "owl the best!"

Thanks for stopping by today. Please join in on the Ai card challenge. You might win some swag of your choice and challenge yourself with a new technique. Win, win! Click on the graphic above to link up your card.


Happy Creating!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments