Seas The Day!

Hey everyone! It's Janet posting this week for the Oceans of Fun challenge going on at the Art Impressions blog. The challenge is all about water.

To set this ocean scene, I first created a blue panel on Yupo paper using Ranger Distress Alcohol Ink Blender Solution and colors in Stream, Pistachio and Sailboat Blue. When I finished playing with the background, I dragged a brush in a wavy patterns across the panel to give it even more movement. Once it dried, I used a fish cover plate die on the panel to cut out little fish and air bubbles throughout the surface. I cut a second panel of rainbow reflective silver cardstock and glued the two panels together. This allows pretty silver, rainbow fish and air bubbles to show through the inked panel. Finally I cut a piece of kraft cardstock with a stitched hill die and glued it to the bottom of the panel. I used my white gelly roll pen and my black Pigma micron pen to add dots to the sandy bottom. 


I then stamped, colored and fussy cut the cute birthday octopus from the 5104 - Octopus Flip Card. I mounted him on foam tape near the top of the sand bottom. Then I stamped, colored and cut out the rest of the sea creatures from 5397 - Submarine Cubbies. I also stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the set on a dark purple flag I made using 5133 - Tag Double Stitched Dies. I arranged all the creatures and the sentiment on the card. I love how the swirly blue and aqua background shows off all the sea creatures in this scene. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this little trip to the sea. 

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments