Easter Flower Crate Box Card from Lori Whitlock and Curious Metallic Cardstocks

Do you get bored creating with standard cardstock sometimes? If so, you need to check out the Curious Metallic line at the CutCardStock store. They carry a full line of colors in this wonderful mica finished cardstock. With 23 colors to choose from, there is every spectrum of the rainbow to choose from. It has the most lusterous and glowing finish and it adds a touch of beauty and glamour to everything that is made with it.


Today I've used one of my favorite papercrafting tools, the Silhouette Cameo 4. I must say that Curious Metallic cardstock and the Cameo 4 are a match made in heaven. Even though this cardstock is a heavy 111 lb weight, the Cameo 4 cut it beautifully. I often get questions about what cardstock to use in the Cameo. It's true that some cardstocks just don't cut well but Curious Metallic worked great in it. Also, the cardstock core matches the finish color so you don't get any ugly white cut edges showing on your projects. That's really important to me. I used six colors of Curious Metallic (Ice Silver, Rose Gold, Electric Blue, Iceberg, Champagne & Violette) plus one Stardream Metallic cardstock (Fairway). The crate is made of Neenah Classic Linen Gold Pearl. This is another lusterous cardstock but it has a lightly textured linen finish.

I chose a pattern from Lori Whitlock called Box Card Easter Flower Crate. I could be wrong but I couldn't find a tutorial from Lori on making this particular pattern so I decided to bring it to you myself. You can find out how to make this by clicking on the thumbnail below.


Because this cardstock is so beautiful, additional embellishment beyond the basics are unnecessary. I added some woodgrain stamping to the crate and glitter to the center of the largest decorative flower. I recommend using StazOn ink for stamping done on this cardstock because the slick finish takes a little time for pigment or dye ink to dry. To avoid this and any chance of smudging, I used StazOn in Timber Brown for this project.


This card is fairly simple to put together. I learned a few tips along the way so I hope you'll check out the video tutorial for all the details.


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week and Happy Card Making!

- Janet

No comments